Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Newport, RI

About a month and half ago, we took a quick trip to Newport.  We wine-tasted at Greenvale Vineyards (which is actually in Portsmouth, a bit north of Newport). It was a beautiful and happy day. I would probably have more things to say about the experience but my geriatric ways 

are rearing their ugly.

Moving on.
 Former can't do it, won't do it Roomie pic.
Ari & I were roommates all four years of college so...
Best Roomies Forever + Ever. 

Mel, Amelia & a random dog that lives there.
He was cute.
Until he sloshed around in some massive mud puddles.
Then he was a verrry dirty pup.
But still cute, I suppose, judging from the pic.

After the winery we went into Newport and had a couple hours to explore.
Ari and I had been hell-bent on finding a beach and sunning ourselves.
We had packed a picnic lunch
and booked it to the nearest public source of sand and saltwater.
Little did we know we had a 5 mile roundtrip shlep to get there.

Totally worth it.

 Not pictured: high wind conditions.

Ari covered her entire head with a scarf...

'Twas a sunny, happy day.
Ari fell asleep on the bus 
--a deep, deep, snoring sleep--
 before it started rolling.
I found sand in my hair for a solid week afterwards.
Signs of a good day, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.