Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

A True Texachusetts Wedding /// July 4th Twenty-Thirteen

This year was a very special 4th of July. My good friends, and basically the coolest, most wonderful and loving people you will come across, ever, got hitched! Kaylee (you should go check out her blog right this very instant because it is a gem. and she is like 20 times sweeter and more beautiful and wonderful than you would think from reading it. Which seems impossible because her writing is bomb. It is 100% true, though) & Lance: the biggest congrats to you two! Thanks for letting me be a part of your Texachusetts celebration! It was one of the sweetest and most fun weddings I have ever attended. Perfection in every sense.

The ceremony was sweet and beautiful. Not a dry eye in that church! Kaylee wrote about how she wanted to really feel all the feelings on her big day, to not get so caught up in the craziness of the day that the whole thing passed by without feeling like she was experiencing it to the fullest. Well, from the instant she started walking down the aisle the emotions were written on her face. Cue the tears.

 Beautiful. Just beautiful. 
Sidenote: all pictures are nabbed from the 'book because I didn't take out my camera once.
No apologies because I was too busy enjoying the people and the day.
Their vows were heartfelt and so very true.
And the whole ceremony was very them.
From being pronounced woman and husband,
to taking a group shot afterwards
(we are a group of serial group photo junkies),
down to their first act as a married couple:
joyfully serving communion to everyone there.
The sweetest of gestures from the sweetest of couples.

Their first dance as Mrs. & Mr.
Lance is going to be mayor of Worcester someday
and Kaylee is basically going to rule the world.
but not in a power-hungry sort of way,
but more of a "holy sheet we've accomplished world peace and solved poverty and hunger and disease and every other terrible thing in the world" way.
Just you wait and see.
Power couple.

This happened.
I'm posing with the lovely Liz here.
aaaand that would be the always funny Kay photo-bombing.
Hi-larious.
Later in the evening as I was discussing my upcoming move,
Kay became veeeerry concerned about any potential water-sport activities in which I might partake.
because sharks, duh.
She tried to make me promise to strap a knife to my leg if I go surfing.
Because clearly in the event I am being attacked by a shark
a knife will fend it off.
And also I will avoid stabbing myself
because I'm not a klutz at all.
Anyways.
Here is a fun little vid of Kay saying my name.
rill funny.
Kills me every time.

Back to the more important wedding matters.
The reception was at a gorgeous location,
that was decorated beautifully
in a way (again) that was so them,
the food was delish,
the speeches were good and heartfelt and funny,
the dancing was fun,
and, most importantly,
it was clear how much love was in that room.

July 4th is one of my favorite days of the year.
This year, though.
This year was worth missing that,
to have the wonderful opportunity to be a part of a different celebration.

Texachusetts forever.

Hope your 4th was delightful!

-Chey

P.S. A big Happy Birthday to Amelia! She's the bomb. So much so that the entire US of A sets off fireworks every year to commemorate her birth. Fitting, because she'll be right there ruling the world with kindness with Kaylee. I'm sure of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.