Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Purgatory Chasm and The Last Roomie Dinner



One Friday in May, Ari, Lorrie, and I went on a hike at Purgatory Chasm. Massachusetts friends, make sure you make it there because it is GORGEOUS. Like otherworldly. It was one of our school-organized trips, and they allotted just a smidgen too much time there which worked out beautifully for us because after hiking a large portion of the park we still had two hours before we left, so the three of us backtracked a bit and found a sunny boulder overlooking the chasm for a not-so-little catnap. Well, Lorrie & I catnapped. Ari passed out. Like snoring deep-sleep passed out. At one point I witnessed her wake up and f-r-e-a-k the flip out. Apparently she was having a chase dream, woke up, and thought she was on the edge of a cliff.  After 30 seconds of omgomgomg freaking out, she rolled over (actually rolled over so that she was face-down on solid rock) and went back to sleep for another half hour. Beautiful.

 Cliché* Alert: the weather was perfect.
By everyone's standards.

 Look at that smile.

Love 'em.
How do people simultaneously genuinely smile and take selfies?
Please inform.
Oh, um. And I tamed my mane.
I'll probably talk about that soon in excruciating detail 
but for now I'll leave you on the edge of your seats. 

The second part of this little excursion involved stopping for ice cream just down the street from the park at West End Creamery before heading home, which is the perfect way to finish off a day of anything, if you ask me. We were that group of people that rolled up in a school bus. If I were the type to say "YOLO"... (it was noooowhere near full) (party party) (still horrifying for all others involved) (I watched a woman through the bus window who was already in line and thus ahead of everyone who could potentially get off the bus turn a full 180 complete with a gaping mouth-stare when we pulled up. Whatever, lady, whatever. You wish you were as cool as us) (cut out the parentheticals, Chey).

/ / /

After our little hiking/napping/ice cream consuming jaunt, we decided to have a little family dinner, as it was our last chance before we separated ways. 

Normally we are a picture of indecision, but for once in our lives, while deciding on dinner, we were not because....  
Tacoooooo Niiiiiiiiiight!!!!!!!!

We made ours with finely chopped veggies in place of meat, because I had some frozen like that from making veggie lasagna. and because we didn't have meat. and because vegetarianism (not me but I would make a happy veggie). 

We needed some rations first, so we took our inaugural stroll to our newest neighborhood grocer
The Super Then!
not my picture. found it somewhere on the interwebs.
I really hope to work there someday so I can put that on a résumé. Love this city like none other.

Not before Lorrie & I took a pic of our unintentionally matching camp counselor uniforms.
 Tie dye tee
jorts
 and running sneaks.
Always and forever.


Dearest Universe,

This might have been my favorite day of all time. So much goodness all-around. I'll take a repeat any day.

Love,
Cheryl

*Weeellllll. Perhaps it's not a cliché around here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.