Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Rundown 3.0

A pic of my phone because I'm fancy.
I did not see this baby rabbit today
but it was in our yard last year,
so maybe I did.

The first run after a little (emphasis on little) break is always fun, yes? It's like beginner's luck all over again. Also nice? Running in the morning (read: not the absolute hottest part of the day) on a completely overcast day (read: again, not so sweltering). 

Miles run: 2.5 ish

Wildlife spotted: 2 cottontails

Wildlife heard: several bullfrogs

photo by Chad Saunders

Wildlife assumptions:  There was a lot of rustling in the brush near the corner of my street at the beginning of my run. Let's just say I didn't stick around to see what it was. More towards the end of the run I thought I heard sounds of a large animal in the underbrush. Clearly it was a bear. Did I talk myself down, repeating over and over that it's prooobably just another rabbit or a duck? Yes. Did I pick the pace way up? Also yes. Paranoia at its finest.


Wildlife prayers: Please don't let there be any snakes. Please don't let there be any snakes. Please don't let there be any snakes. Please don't let there be any snakes. Please don't let there be any snakes. Seeing one sunning itself in the middle my road once was already one too many, and I'm pretty sure it was of the harmless variety. Potentially even the roadkill variety, but if you think I slowed enough to get a good look you are off your rocker. 

F-bombs dropped: A Big Fat 0. Apparently I was feeling good because of the weather/faux-beginners-luck/distance combo. I even smiled a few times. Who am I and what have I done with myself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.