Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Little Traditions /// Fourth of July


These photos are nabbed from the 'book
No, I did not take them.
And no, they are not from the 4th
because I was at a Texachusetts wedding.
But I did actually witness these particular ones, sooo...
that leaves me only three steps behind. 
Carry on.

July 4th is one of my favorite holidays.
Probably because it falls in my favorite season of sweatyasanything.
For the past few years my family has trekked
across the main road to the top of the hill.
The view from there is incredible on any given day
but on July 4th...
if the weather cooperates,
and you time it right,
you get to see the sun setting behind the mountains
and a starry velvety sky behind you
and dozens of different locations setting off fireworks in the valleys below
while you also get a micro-fireworks display courtesy of the fireflies in the surrounding fields.
It is gorgeous beyond words.
I will probably never even attempt to take pictures because it is just one of those things that you can't.
just cannot.
because you know it will never capture it.
The feeling of everyone celebrating for miles around is unreal.
One of my favorite days.
I look forward to it every year because it makes me happier than anything.


Hope your Independence Day was spectacular,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.