Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday List Vol. 3

The Saturday List on an actual Saturday? Well, well. It's 1 o'clock in the middle of the night and I'm waiting for a load of laundry to finish so I can pack for my trip to Worcester tomorrow for Lance & Kaylee's wedding (annnd for hanging out with all of my Worcester people. I've been going through withdrawal). When it comes to packing, I am the worst procrastinator and it absolutely has to do with the fact that it's my least favorite portion of traveling. Over the course of the next month I have three separate trips before I leave to move to New Zealand. Which equates to packing four separate times. Lord help us all. Now onto my regularly unscheduled Saturday randoms.

1. I am such a sucker for Dad jokes. My dad is, well, very stereotypical in the humor department. Whenever I'm around him I can't help but spew terrible puns and jokes. They frequently fly out of my mouth apparently without first passing through my dense grey matter. One time I was reunited with my parents for no less than two minutes when I dropped the punniest pun of them all. Dad was utterly tickled in the most giddy, gleeful way. Mom, well... 

not so much.

Anyways, I actually L-ed-OL at this gem:
(I pinky promise it's worth all 104 seconds of your life)


Based on a true story.
Narration by Morgan Patch


3. I partook in some Warby Parker home try-on shenanigans a couple weeks ago, which means that really soon I can get some prescription sunnies! (Once I get my act together and get them my prescription... I need to give myself an ultimatum like two weeks ago). Protect my eyes from the sun and be able to see at the same time without layering my glasses? How novel. This has happened more times than I care to admit and it's a picture of both style and comfort wrapped up in one unfortunate package.

4. I got a backpack yesterday for my move to New Zealand. I'm preetttyyyyy sure I was definitely at least a little bit swindled, but... I know not what I'm doing. Tell me I'm not the only one who feels super uncomfortable going into stores for the adventurous outdoorsmenandwomen among us? Even if I had hiked the AT, canoed the entirety of the Great Lakes, and completed some 100-miler ultra races, I'm pretty certain I would still feel out of place. Just me getting inferiority vibes? Okay. I have a few chances to test out the new pack before my move, so fingers crossed that I was persuaded wisely. Note to self and others: when being fitted for backpacks, it is probably wise to wear a turtleneck because... sternum straps.


5. You'll never notice that I skipped number two.  Or maybe you will.

6.  Laundry's done, so now I need to go pack-slash-actuallyjustmoveallthatcrapoffmybedsoIcansleep. 

Peace out, Girl Scout.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.