Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Peanut Butter Cups

I succumbed to The Pinterest this summer after staying with my friend Joy for a week. Girlfriend is an addict, and she got me hooked. Sort of. Fear not, unlike blog reading, I am in no way addicted and usually forget it exists.  As I'm on my (last! ever!) spring break (which means that I'm bumming it at my parents' house, with their niiicely stocked pantry, and have ample amounts of time to do...nothing) I decided to try out some recipes (for desserts, duh) that I had been stockpiling there for just such an occasion.

YOU GUYS.

These are SO SIMPLE. AND DELICIOUS.  annnnd my parents had all of the ingredients on hand (let's be real... I avoid the grocery store like Michael Scott avoids working). Actually, they didn't have sea salt*, so I substituted coarse kosher salt. Sorry for shouting at you. I just get a leeetle bit tooexcited when chocolate is involved.

Yes, those are Christmas muffin tin liners. From 1981. I exaggerateth not.


I think I'm going to try another pb cup recipe this week.** Because, do I really need a reason?


Yoouuuu're welcome,
C

*One time (in my middle school days? I don't even really remember when...) a teacher (probably an earth science one) told us that sea salt get its flavor from...pollution. Not 100% sure this is true but it has basically ruined sea salt for me forever.
**Update: tried them. Loved them more than the first recipe and the fam agreed. So much so that there is no photographic evidence that they were ever in existence in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.