Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

{insert something witty about} Confessions

I originally wrote this about a month ago and then chickened out of posting it at least six or seven times, so it has been sitting in my drafts folder (along with no less than fifteen other half-thought-out posts). Grace once again put us all to shame with hers, so........ {insert logical transition here} I suppose I will take that little free-fall plunge and hit publish before I chicken out once again. I realized our posts have the same title (shameful, I know), but that's what I titled it a month ago and  changing it now would require more brain power and creativity than I currently have available. I am as lazy as I sound. Let's go ahead and consider that confession number top of the list.

***

1. I am the procrastinator to end all other procrastinators. I have spent an entire week putting off doing my schoolwork and am paying for it now. I mean, I know it's technically still my spring break, but I had grand plans of knocking out all of it in the first few days. Ha. Neverrrrrr. No, instead, I work on it for ten minutes, decide I'm bored, waste my life on the internet, and let it haaaang over my head all week long. And then stress. stress. stress. about it. I should probably be doing it right now, but my dad is napping right next to me in a sunny armchair and life is feeling extra cruel. Clearly this is none of my own doing.

2. I cannot wear nail polish without compulsively picking it off as soon as it dries. Why I even bother putting it on in the first place is a mystery. It is, however, less disgusting than my normal habit of absentmindedly picking at my cuticles. Aren't you so glad you're reading this?  

3. I am probably most definitely addicted to sugar. Am I doing anything about this fact? Nope. Update (or lack thereof): I wrote out a grocery list last week that would seriously cut out sugary foods. Then my mom sent me an Easter care package with enough sweets to turn at least six or seven people into Type II diabetics, so attempting to do anything about this little addiction of mine is off the table for at least three or four months.

4. I sometimes completely sleep through my alarm. I'll be good for a couple years and then allofasudden just don't wake up. I've tried different alarms, made sure that I've gotten enough sleep, go to bed at a reasonable time consistently, etc. etc. On a scale of one to deadbeat, we are leaning heavily towards incredibly irresponsible over here. Am I nervous for when I have to regularly wake up at a normal time? Not one minuscule bit. The most unfortunate part of this whole conundrum is that I actually really enjoy waking up at dawn, or slightly before (have you not yet realized my geriatric ways?), when I don't sleep through my alarms. plural. 

Feeling better about yourself? Hope so.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.