Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Birthd-hey Part II

So I know this blog is usually chock-full of sarcasm (and more sarcasm) with a side of sass, but I need to get serious for a sec because my friends are the absolute top of the top. Just beyond. I wish they could be your friends too because they are that amazing.

Those awesome people threw me a surprise birthday party last Thursday. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Leave it to them to party it up on a week night.

To start, I would like to say that I am glad I decided to get my disgusting self into the shower at 3 in the p.m. that day because for a while there it wasn't looking good. I'm also glad I was being lazier than I should have and did not hole myself up in the library all night as I originally intended. I was making them all nervous because I basically did not leave the house all day and turned down multiple offers to go out and meet friends for dinner. World's greatest social butterfly reporting for duty.

I finally caved and headed out to meet my friend Amelia for dinner in one of our campus' fine dining establishments. It was more crowded than normal so she asked if we wanted to head back to my place because it is quieter and cozier. Considering I hate walking home alone at night I was allll for it. Plus, I could sit on my lazy self on the couch in our quiet apartment instead of in a crowded cafe.

I came home to a dark house and was super confused at first because my roomies had both been there just twenty minutes prior. And then {insert suspense} everyone jumped out at me. I have no pictures  from the night because I spent the first full thirty minutes walking around with a shocked expression on my face, unable to form complete sentences. After I recovered from the shock I spent the rest of the evening enjoying being surrounded by all those wonderful people and catching up on life. It was one of the sweetest moments of my life.

Hope you enjoyed that brief blip of sweetness. We're sure to be back to our regularly scheduled saltiness tomorrow.  semicolon  close parenthesis.

Chey


No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.