Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

The internet has redeemed itself (Part 2)

January 16th was a good day for the internet. I'm back with the rest of the thrilling details, as promised you're welcome. After I spent inappropriate amounts of time celebrating Mr Zamboni's birthday and battling with blogger, my dear roomie Ari graced me with the entertainment event of the year. First I need to provide you with a little back-story. Try to keep up.  Ari is obsessed with has a special appreciation for birds. She also is known for neverever over-her-dead-body crying. On this fateful day, however, I heard her squealing (yes, squealing) from the other room. Natch, I had to pull myself away from whatever paper I was notattempting to write to see what the commotion was all about. 

Exhibit A:
image via
Ladies and gentlemen (well, really lady. this blog has a record-breaking readership again, try to keep up), she has a new favorite. The fairy wren. She was so moved by her discovery of this species that she was giggling and squealing some more and -wait for it- crying. Honest-to-goodness crying. Tears in her eyes. A few even spilled out. More emotional than I have ever seen her, and we've been roommates for almost four years. 

She tried to claim that the tears were from laughing so hard. Yeah, riiiight

It was a monumental experience.  

Pretty sure that day could not have gotten any better. 

I sincerely hope I am present--in the flesh--the day she comes across a fairy wren for the first time in the real non-computer screen world I can only hope that we will be blessed with this 


type of a reaction.
(see 3:00 - the end)


 I am sorry that you will probably miss out on it. 

Warm* thoughts,
C  

*Aren't you glad this post didn't talk about the weather? Oh, wait. Never mind.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.