Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Currently

Weighing the pros and cons of going to the grocery store. My main motivation consists of cupcakes of the funfetti variety with a tub of chocolate frosting (gross and grosser, judge away bloglings). I blame Jessie for getting me hooked on these a few years ago. True story, she was baking them when I met her for the first time. I have been craving them alllll week long. Was seriously contemplating making a special trip to get supplies tonight. But. I'm currently wearing a sweatshirt over a sweater over a long sleeve tee, sweatpants over my jeans (and there would be leggings under there, but it was too cold to take the jeans off  for the twenty seconds required to make that happen) a large scarf and a thick pair of socks. In a word: attractive. In six words: not sure why I'm still single.

In other related news, today I celebrated the fact that the temperature made it into the twenties. die die die Mother Nature, you sick, twisted sadist, you.

The combo of the weather and the relief of  submitting my weekly Sunday evening paper (side eye, internet) with minutes to spare is turning me into a little hermit. It's not looking promising on the cupcake front.Which, come to think of it is probably a good thing. Until I get my grubby paws on them tomorrow and make up for the fact that I did not eat any tonight. Or yesterday or the day before or the day before that (and on and on for about a year).

Another thrill-a-minute blog post weather report for your consumption (pun intended. sadly).

C

P.S. Jessie, anytime you want to come back and be my baking buddy, you are more than welcome. Um. Yeah. Actually, that's not a request. Come back to your fav New England town likeyesterday. I mean, doesn't this post just have you wishwishwishing you were here, experiencing the...joy that is winter here? Yes, yes I know. You suffer a whole lot without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.