Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Rundown 2.0

Are you a real runner, jogger, speed-walker, regular-walker, mall-walker, or wogger?
Just save your eye-rolls for more worthy causes and x out of this one now.



A. Still don't like cicadas. Or loose dogs. Plural. I passed my neighbor who was sitting in her yard, in charge of two of the three dogs. To her credit, one of them got away from her when the third dog of unknown ownership was taunting it. She escaped on my fourth lap (please note that they live at the very top of the hill aka when I'm most likely to assume death is near and I maybe on one occasion bargained with God that if this is the case to please be merciful and take me before I have to make it to the very top of the hill, so help me You). Anyways, as the dog got away from her I just kept plodding along at a pace that would put zero elderly people to shame. And then on the downhill when I regained a modicum of sanity I began to question my unneighborly decision. We can go ahead and put that extra purgatory time on my tab. To be fair by lap 4 I was seriously questioning whether that was lap 3 or 4 and was about to losemymind if it was only the third, sooo... Perhaps the bearded hippie upstairs will be kind because I had lost enough of my mental faculties to be at the point of struggling with preschool-level counting skills. We'll see, I guess.

B. Miles: 2.85 (or 6 laps around the block. Stopped for a long break between laps 4 and 5 to have a good cry in my backyard. Did somebody say melodrama? Thought so). This loop is a giant hill and it's either a reeeally sucky short 1/4 of a lap or a mostly-sucky drawn-out 3/4 of a lap. First 4 laps were the latter and then I womanned up and went the reverse (steeper shorter uphill) for the last two because... I was in the mindframe of getthisoverwithassoonaspossible.

C. F-bombs dropped: surprisingly merely a single half-hearted only-in-my-head one upon sighting aforementioned loose dog in my path.

D. Number of times I was sure I was dying: 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.