Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Got me dat degree!


I graduated from college a couple Sundays ago.
whatwhatwhat
I don't know who decided that this motley bunch of weird kids 
is responsible enough to be full-blown adults (orrrr something like that...) 
but that person needs a check-up from the neck-up.
I'll just go ahead now and let you know that this post is going to be of a dizzying length.
It's also bound to be exceptionally sappy.
Zero apologies out of me.
If you make it to the end I will personally give you a high-five.

Prior to graduation I had nearly two full weeks of freeeeedom because finals were over and graduation was not-yet. It was glorious. I will spill allll of those details (I know you're just dying to hear all about that) but it's going to have to wait for another day because it will absolutely make me cry and that is not going to happen tonight. I also moved riiiight after graduation (which, no, that wasn't stressful at all, but thanks for asking). It was also fun squeezing in all of my goodbyes amidst the graduation craziness. It was absolutely not fun that I missed saying goodbye to a couple very good friends because that day was straight crazy.  I absolutely did cry for the first 1.5 hours of the car ride after leaving Clark and then passed out like it was my duty in life. I awoke forty minutes later to Dad proclaiming, "We had a moose!" After a few confusing minutes I discovered that there was, in fact, no moose on the road, nor had he seen a moose. Oh, no. Apparently last week there was a moose roaming around my hometown and it was thee talk of the town. Obviously this was a good time to startle both me and Mom awake to inform us of the above.  Love him.  Mmmkay. Moving on.

Me and the fam before the ceremony.
Because I love them.
Also because I wore something under that oh-so elegant graduation garb.
Can we talk graduation attire for a hot second?
Hoods have to be the most awkward piece of attire
to be worn by anyone ever.
Zero exaggeration.
Like. Just.
What?
I mean, I guess I like the way they look
or something.
But all of the fuss of dealing with that...situation
does not seem worth it.
I'll cut the complaining now
and thank my lucky stars that at least we wore black gowns
and not the (translucent) white, like at my high school graduation.
PTL.
#possibleblasphemy
#alsoapparentlystillcomplaining

It took me a full fifteen minutes to find my family.
Which is absurd because this campus is tiny.
Fortunately I found this beauty in the meantime.
I don't know where I would be without her.
Certainly with less sanity and happiness and more of an eye-twitch.

with my dad after the ceremony

My grandparents are the absolute best and made the trip from Florida to Massachusetts.
On top of that they are just generally awesome and wonderful human beings.
If they aren't your grandparents...I feel sorry for you.

Jessie came all the way from Nashville!
Which she was basically obligated to do
because she graduated a year early
and ditched us.
Whatever.
It was pretty sweet to spend some time with her this weekend
before she (100% literally) jets off around the globe.
Whatever, again.

Me, Martha, Lauren, Amelia
My friends are wicked smaht. And also beautiful.
These humans have made my life exponentially better
over these past four years.
And probably for the rest of my life.


Ashley, Jessie & Kerry.
I love them so much.
Annnd that sentence doesn't even begin to do them justice.
On a semi-related note,
have you checked out Ashley's music yet? 
Scurry on over to check out her new EP 
It will not disappoint.
I am a glutton for punishment by way of nostalgia.
Listening to College Town (track 4--keep up bloglings) pretty much does me in every time.
Well really the whole album does.
But that is both here and there, so...
Tears all around.
Call me crazy.



Supremely sad I missed out on this pic (nabbed from the 'book).
These are my people.


I just happen to really love this pic.
Kerry is always as happy as she looks here
{only actually about 600 times happier because we were faking happiness for the camera. this day was sad. I mean do you even see all those dark circles?}
and it's contagious.
You cannot be around her and not cheer up.
She squatted down so that she would be closer to the same height
as me wearing heels.
I'll choose to believe that she was being nice.


Congrats on making it to the end! Err...or...um...sorry.
High five, pat on the back, etc. etc.
Also, what is your favorite flavor of muffin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.