Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Curly Hair, Do Care

The Lion King was (and still is) my fave Disney.
Probably because unlike my my actual blood-relative Mich, who is pictured above,
they appeared to be my kinfolk.

and today's mane.
Out of control.
Pinky-promise I actually have ears.


There is this great site Curly Hair Problems 
that I occasionally meander over to
when I'm feeling particularly frustrated 
by the fact that this beast cannot be tamed.
Or that I have been growing my hair out for three years
and there appears to be no change.
Or my hair has been intentionally pulled 
by fully grown adults
twelve too many times this week.
I can hear your snorty eye-rolls.
Big life problems over here.

Sorry straight-haried people and spam-bots.
Just be careful that when you wish for "volume"
that you also wish to not look like you belong to a family of big cats.
Ain't nobody got time fuh dat.


Here are a few gems because I provide you with only the most interesting tidbits.

I avoided getting even so much as my hair trimmed
for over a year and a half
because I knew it would take at least three years 
to recover from the butcher job.

 I usually only get compliments on my hair
when it looks like I've stuck my finger in a socket.
Never ever when I think I have somewhat tamed the beast, so:


 I have officially given up and just let it air dry.
because it does what it wants.

Okay, maybe this is just me.
Whatever.

This happened to me.
At the ripe age of eight.
I was standing next to my mom, who also has curly hair.
And the inquiring smarty was someone who had known me 
for a minimum of six years.
I'm still confused.

If I had one copper Lincoln 
for every time someone has pulled on my hair
to watch it spring back into place,
I would be able to afford a whole cup of coffee.


All the whatevers in the land,
Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.