Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

College...check!


Me and my bro Brian on my very first day of kindy.
And me today after finishing my final requirements as an undergrad.
I have gained one bachelor's degree
and two front teeth.
Not saying which of these makes me more proud.
Kind of jeal of that sweater I was wearing.
The 90s are making a comeback, I think.

Before my first day of kindergarten,
my mom tried to convince me to stay home with her 
because I "already knew everything."
Har de har har har.
I was (...and still am) the baby of the fam.
And {NerdAlert} I could not wait to get to school
and have real life homework.
Instead of the worksheets 
I begged my mom to make up for me every day.
I know, I know.


The whole thing was a bit anti-climactic  
as I had to submit my two final papers by email.
Something about clicking a button
is nowhere near as satisfying as dropping off a tangible paper.
But whatever, I'll take it.
I celebrated first by calling my mom
and then with my friends Amelia & Ari
by getting a couple holes in the head.


Me, Amelia & Ari a couple years ago

We went crazy
and got our ears pierced.
Such party animals, I know.
I had let my original piercings close 
after having them for less than a year
at the ripe age of eight.

I only said that I was a baby sixteen or seventeen times
before actually getting them pierced.
It was nowhere near as bad as I remember.

We then celebrated further by stuffing ourselves with fro-yo
and then stopping in the pet store to ogle kittens and such
with zero intention of procuring anything resembling a pet.
Because we now have copious amounts of time on our hands and could.
And because...staring at kittehs, duh.

And now I'm off to celebrate the fact 
that I have a whole two full weeks 
before my graduation
to do with as I please.
Have I mentioned that I love this school?
Because I do.

Genuine smile,
C



No comments:

Post a Comment

I get an inappropriate amount of validation from comments and thus would love to hear from you.